Service Performance Reporting: Understanding The Reporting Requirements
This webinar provides members, involved with PBE reporting, guidance on how to prepare these new service performance statements to both comply with the relevant standards and also achieve effective communication to stakeholders.
Service performance reporting is now a requirement for smaller NZ charities and will be a requirement for all in future. This provides an exciting opportunity for charities and other PBEs to tell their story of why they exist and what they have set out to and have achieved.
In this webinar, Craig Fisher and Wayne Tukiri of RSM New Zealand guide you through the accounting standards reporting requirements. This will include explaining the subtle differences between tiers. Craig & Wayne will also share some best practice examples from some early adopters and innovators.
- The purpose and drivers for this new reporting and how it ties in to the important international trend towards integrated reporting
- An overview of the reporting requirements under PBE SFR-A (NFP) for Tier 3 entities
- An overview of the reporting requirements under PBE SFR-C (NFP) for Tier 4 entities
- An overview of the recently issued PBE FRS 48 for tier 1 & 2
- Understanding qualitative characteristics and materiality
- Some best practice examples
- Potential challenges and focus points for members preparing service performance reports or advising and assisting clients
- Lessons from early adopters
- Describe who has to comply with what in terms of service performance reporting standards.
- Explain the different reporting requirements between tiers.
- Identify common challenges and pitfalls that need to be managed/solved as part of working with these standards.
- Identify areas where you can assist clients in their understanding and information preparation for this new reporting requirement for charities.
Upon satisfactory completion of this webinar you will be able to:
Expand your knowledge and skills by exploring the service performance reporting requirements
Craig Fisher is an experienced auditor and recognised expert in the NFP and charitable sector. As well as being a practical auditor he has had a long involvement in standard setting being a member of the NZAuASB since its inception in 2011. Prior to this he chaired the Institute’s Professional Practices Board and then Professional Standards Board for 8 years during which time he also represented NZ internationally in audit and assurance standards setting.
Wayne Tukiri is also a very experienced auditor and expert trainer. Wayne has a special interest in service performance reporting having previously worked with Audit New Zealand when service reporting was introduced to the NZ public sector more than 20 years ago, and with many charities in recent years.
Sub-Topic: Business Reporting, Financial Reporting
Format: Recorded Webinar
Proficiency Level: Intermediate, Advanced
CPD: 1 hours