Professional Ethics Workshop
In this workshop you will explore business ethics and the challenges of working ethically in today’s ambiguous business environment as you revise your obligations under the Code of Ethics. By exploring the concept of ethics in your business and personal lives, you’ll acquire the knowledge and tools to enable you to deepen your ethical awareness and further develop your ethical judgement. Throughout the workshop you will work through a range of exercises based on typical dilemmas faced by members as you revise the principles, threats to principles and key requirements of the Code of Ethics. This will assist you to make well informed ethical decisions and take appropriate actions when implementing an ethical culture and/or dealing with ethical dilemmas.
Learning OutcomesUpon satisfactory completion of this workshop you will be able to:
- Explain the principles in the Code of Ethics
- Identify common potential threats arising in public practice that may impact compliance with the principles of the Code of Ethics
- Identify key influencers of ethical beliefs, motivations and attitudes
- Question personal beliefs, motivations and attitudes and how they impact one’s ethics
- Apply ethical decision-making processes to identify ethical issues and actions when faced with ethical dilemmas
- Identify the key considerations when creating a culture of ethical behaviour.
BenefitsWhat does ethical behaviour have to do with business success? Everything. Your reputation is your most valuable asset and behaving ethically and in accordance with the Code of Ethics, is an essential element to maintaining and enhancing your reputation. Research has shown that the more often we are reminded of our ethical obligations the higher the likelihood we will respond appropriately when faced with an ethical dilemma. Join us at this workshop not to only meet your professional obligations but to see that acting ethically can be a business changer.
Topic: Ethics & Integrity
Proficiency Level: Foundation, Intermediate, Advanced
CPD: 4 hours