Meaningful Performance Review Meetings
This webinar series provides ways to prepare for review meetings, how to deliver those meetings effectively and what is required after the performance review meeting to provide ongoing feedback and support.
Performance management of people isn’t easy but it’s an important part of a manager’s job. Regularly reviewing your employee’s job performance can reinforce outstanding performance as well as help improve poor performance. This 3 part webinar series provides ways to prepare for review meetings, how to deliver those meetings effectively and what is required after the performance review meeting to provide ongoing feedback and support.
- Part 1: Preparing for review meetings
- Part 2: Conducting review meetings
- Part 3: Performance management is a continuous process
Upon satisfactory completion of this webinar you will be able to:
- Articulate the reciprocal benefits of conducting performance review meetings for the organisation, the team and the individual employee
- Understand the merits of quarterly review conversations
- Identify the key issues that managers need to address in a performance review meeting
- Build a roadmap of the key steps and actions to take at different stages of the performance review meeting (e.g. checklists and guides)
- Determine critical success factors for employees in accomplishing business objectives for discussion in the performance review meeting
- Approach performance review meetings as open and positive performance related two-way discussions
- Set goals the SMARTER way
- Combine SMARTER goals with core business competencies to stimulate staff engagement
- Handle performance review meetings effectively using the BEST feedback method
- Deal with an emotional response during the meeting
- Understand the skills required to effectively address poor performance in a firm, fair and consistent manner
- Understand the 5 step approach to addressing poor performance
- Recognise the causes and consequences of ignoring poor performance
- Understand the need for regular performance review meetings for the team to produce the desired outcomes for organisational success
- Understand the importance of keeping individual goals aligned to business goals at all times so expectations are clear on what employees should be achieving
- Understand the importance for any agreed personal learning and development initiatives to be undertaken
This series will help you get the best from your performance review meetings. You will discover how to turn manager-driven, infrequent performance reviews into regular, meaningful discussions for helping your team perform at their peak and consistently meet individual, team and organisational goals.
Sean McLoughney, founder of LearningCurve, is a sought after learning and development facilitator, author and speaker. Since 2001 has helped over 14,000 professionals at every level improve their performance.
Topic: People & Leadership
Sub-Topic: Leadership, Personal Effectiveness, Talent Management
Format: Recorded Webinar
Proficiency Level: Intermediate, Advanced
CPD: 3 hours