Leading Lean - Workshop
This activity will improve your organisation’s performance by managing and optimising the company’s business process.
Click register now and use discount code CAANZ1022 at NZIM checkout, to secure your member discount.
This event is only available to Australia & New Zealand members.
This practical workshop introduces Lean philosophy, processes and practices and can be applied to continuous improvement in any work environment. You will explore the positives and negatives of data-driven decision making as the only measure in strategic direction and determine how effective process supports a strategic review. You will be introduced to best processes, systems and best practices of process leadership.
Through the effective application of Lean principles you can reduce risks and accelerate your success. It will provide you with the tools to identify and pre-empt issues and reduce re-work by enabling you to embed good processes from the start – reducing incidences of failure.
NOTE: This program can be taken as a standalone workshop and it is also part of the NZIM Team Leader Series.
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
- Understand the key principles of Lean philosophy and its core principles.
- Apply Lean tools and techniques for enhanced productivity and continuous improvement.
- Apply Lean approaches to empower people for change.
- Calculate the cost of poor quality.
- Understand the pitfalls and problems when implementing Lean and how to avoid them.
- Identify the progressive levels of implementing Lean, from the individual, to team and organisational processes.
- Develop your next steps to implement this framework.
As a leader you understand and value improving productivity, and seek flexible and agile ways of making the changes you need. This activity will enable you to become more aware of new ways of looking at old routines in your business and be able to refresh and energise productive work and support the creativity and input of others in your work team.
Topic: People & Leadership
Proficiency Level: Foundation
CPD: Upto 7 hours