Introduction to Integrated Reporting and Thinking
The Deakin Business School Centre for Integrated Reporting is a collaboration between the Deakin Business School, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, and KPMG – providing leadership in Integrated Reporting across three pillars: thought leadership and business practice, research, and professional education and training.
- Introduction to the evolution of reporting and Integrated Reporting
- Introduction to the Integrated Reporting framework and value creation
- The Capitals in Integrated Reporting - the “With what” of business
- The value creation process in Integrated Reporting the “How” of business
- Introduction to integrated thinking – the “What” and the “Why” of business
- The Guiding principles of Integrated Reporting
- The Content elements of Integrated Reporting
- Integrated Reporting Assurance
- Identify the three central elements of Integrated Reporting, being Integrated Thinking, the Integrated Reporting process and the external Integrated Report
- Explain what sets Integrated Reporting apart from other business and reporting initiatives?
- Identify how materiality is applied for Integrated Reporting and how this differs to Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) / Sustainability reporting
- Describe what an Integrated Reporting Management Systems is an how it can assist organisations embed Integrated Thinking and prepare an Integrated Report
- Identify what the assurance of Integrated Reports involves and why it is important.
The virtual classroom will provide a broad understanding of the concepts of integrated thinking and integrated reporting for people who are not familiar with the concepts.
Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM | New Zealand
Registration commences: 15-30 minutes prior to commencing
Professor of Practice (Integrated Reporting)
Deakin Business School – Deakin Integrated Reporting Centre
Topic: Audit & Assurance, Business Mindset, Reporting
Sub-Topic: Business Reporting, Ethics, Leadership, Other Assurance Engagements, Strategy, Sustainability
Format: Virtual Classroom
Proficiency Level: Intermediate, Advanced
CPD: Upto 3 hours