IFRS: Non-Financial Assets (excluding PPE) - eLearning
This activity is published by accountingcpd.
All year round, and on every accountingcpd purchase you make, get 10% off as a CA ANZ member. Just use code CAANZ101.
Please note you will be directed to accountingcpd to purchase this product.
IFRS 16 Leasing has had a major impact on the treatment of non-financial assets on the balance sheet of most companies, as well as having a knock-on effect on the treatment of borrowing costs.
Most business entities have significant assets other than property, plant and equipment to account for. Alongside leases, a thorough understanding of the Standards is critical whether you are reporting on physical inventories, intangibles, the capitalisation of borrowing costs, or work in progress. This course brings together the accounting, reporting and disclosure requirements for these important non-financial assets under the IFRS regime.
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
• Understand the changes made to IFRS 16 Leasing.
• Understand the accounting and reporting of inventories (IAS 2).
• Recognise and adhere to the different rules for tangible and intangible assets (IAS 38).
• Recognise when to capitalise costs and when to write them off again profit or loss (IAS 23).
• Understand the specific rules surrounding investment properties (IAS 40).
Benefit from understanding the accounting, reporting and disclosure requirements for important non-financial assets.
No materials distributed.
No assessments required.
Topic: Corporate Finance, Reporting
Sub-Topic: Finance Management, Financial Reporting
Proficiency Level: Intermediate
CPD: Upto 4 hours