Graduate Development: Business Writing Essentials
This webinar is ideally suited to graduates and early career professionals during their first 12 months in the workplace. The session aims to accelerate their capabilities in the workplace and hone skills and behaviours to achieve success in their job
Transitioning from study to working in a professional environment can be a bit of a culture shock for some people, therefore equipping yourself with the right tools and knowledge can influence your ability to integrate quickly and achieve personal success.
With extensive experience from world-class Graduate Development Programs, this webinar series offers practical tips, tools and techniques every early career professional should know as they commence their career journey.
In this webinar, you will learn how to communicate your message clearly and effectively both for internal and external business communication. You will explore how to produce a clear, professional image using emails, letters, reports and other written business correspondence.
This webinar aims to improve your ability to connect your target audience with your key message. You will learn how to plan, organise and structure documents for maximum impact and apply a 5-stage writing process to construct communication.
Upon satisfactory completion of this webinar you will be able to:
- Understand and apply a 5-stage writing process to plan, organise and write effective internal and external business documents, email and reports.
- Learn to apply professional layout, format and structure to internal and external business communication for maximum impact.
- Gain insight into communication techniques that connect with your audience and maximise impact.
- Improve your ability to communicate via email to ensure your message is conveyed with the correct tone and is understood.
- Adopt techniques to proof your document for spelling, punctuation, grammar and appropriate tone.
- Align your style to your organisation's guidelines.
This activity will broaden your understanding of critical aspects of working in a professional environment and provide a solid grounding of skills and knowledge to support your successful transition into your new role.
Strong interpersonal skills are essential for communicating effectively and building relationships, and understanding yourself and others will equip you with skills you need to confront the challenges you are likely to face early in your career. Gain knowledge and confidence to fast-track personal effectiveness and your team integration.
Pragma Learning is a provider of professional skills development training for Graduates, Managers and Leaders. We develop your EQ to match your IQ. Our practical training programs include self-awareness, communication, interpersonal skills, personal effectiveness and team building.
Topic: People & Leadership
Sub-Topic: Personal Effectiveness
Format: Recorded Webinar
Proficiency Level: Foundation
CPD: 1 hours