AML/CFT Regulations: hear from the experts and government officials
Please note that the live webcast is now full, you will receive a recording of the session after it has taken place
On 1 October 2018 New Zealand's accounting profession moved into the front line defence against money laundering and terrorism financing with the introduction of phase two of the country's Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) Act.
Hear directly from AML experts at the New Police Financial Intelligence Unit, as well as industry experts from CA ANZ and the Regulatory Technology community to get a better understand of the steps and solutions available to transition to the new regulatory regime.
Over the last few months, the DIA and the New Zealand police have run road shows and information sessions to help business prepare to meet this new level of compliance. Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ) has also issued guidance documents to help steer members through the new regulations. However many are only just starting to grasp the regulations and really understand what they entail.
Join us for this webcast to hear directly from AML experts at the New Police Financial Intelligence Unit, as well as industry experts from CA ANZ and the Regulatory Technology community to get a better understanding of the steps and solutions available to transition to the new regulatory regime.
This session is interactive and we encourage members to submit questions during the webcast. If you would like to submit your questions prior, please email email@example.com.
The webcast will be recorded and made available after the session date.
- Understand resources available to members to tackle the AML issue
- Understand the regulations from a law enforcement perspective and why the new tools/resources are necessary.
- Learn about the issues raised in the DIA and NZ Police roadshow, in particular the most common questions and concerned raised.
- Hear from an expert in the Regulatory Technology community, and learn about some of the tech solutions available that can help you achieve compliance more efficiently.
- Hear from a Chartered Accountant about the impact of the AML regulations to their business and how they have responded.
Sub-Topic: Business Reporting
Format: Recorded Webinar
Proficiency Level: Foundation, Intermediate, Advanced
CPD: Upto 1 hours