Finance for Non-Accountants
This four part webinar series that will give you confidence in working with financial concepts and language as well as providing you with the tools you need to enhance your effectiveness as a business professional.
Everyone should have a fundamental understanding in finance in order to contribute towards their organisation’s success.
This webinar series is designed for intermediate to senior level staff that make finance related decisions in their role and will cover the following points:
- Demystify accounting and financial terminology.
- Interpret balance sheets, profit and loss, cash flows.
- Annual and monthly reporting regimes.
- Use budgets and forecasts as control mechanisms.
- Key financial ratios - how to calculate them, what do they mean and what action should we take to improve them.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators – both financial and non-financial KPIs that effectively improve performance.
- Financial risk and its management.
- Capital Expenditure - financial evaluation of investing in your existing or other businesses.
- Solvency issues and obligations.
Part 1: Financial Basics, Terminology and Solvency
Part 2: Understanding the Role of Finance in Decision Making and Risk Management
Part 3: Budgeting
Part 4: Analysis of Financial Statements
Upon satisfactory completion of this webinar you will be able to:
- connect the facts with figures and communicate easily in financial terms,
- analyse and interpret financial information,
- use statements of financial position, performance and cash flow statements to identify the early signs of solvency issues,
- identify the four most common types of financial risks and ways to deal with these efficiently,
- use financial information to monitor and motivate the performance of teams, and
- use financial information in the business decision making process in your organisation.
Gain the confidence you need when working with financial concepts and language as well as the tools you need to enhance your effectiveness as a business professional.
Nick Dangerfield FCA has delivered ethics training to members in public practice, business, public sector and Government. Nick has over 25 years of senior management experience.
Topic: Financial Advisory and Superannuation, People & Leadership
Sub-Topic: Financial Planning & Advisory, Personal Effectiveness
Format: Recorded Webinar
Proficiency Level: Foundation, Intermediate
CPD: 6 hours