Critical Thinking Workshop
The quality of our actions, decision making and problem solving depends on the quality of thinking and our capacity to look at common issues and problems differently. Critical thinking expands our capacity to ask the right questions, align tasks and people to organisational goals and to be creative in our work.
Click register now and use discount code CAANZ2020 at NZIML checkout, to secure your member discount.
It will explore the benefits of working collaboratively to solve problems in your work environment whilst applying a range of critical thinking tools and techniques.
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
- Distinguish between critical thinking, problem solving and decision making.
- Examine the difference between simple, complicated and complex issues in the workplace.
- Move from surface issue to root cause to ensure a clear foundation for working through issues.
- Explore a range of critical thinking tools and techniques in a practical way.
- Cascade techniques to create your own framework for arriving at robust decisions.
- Build collaborative processes and encourage others to apply tools and techniques relevant to their work.
- Review and evaluate decisions to measure success and plan for future learning.
- Build confidence and new tools for creative and effective problem solving in your work environment.
People often see solutions but lack the confidence to speak up and this course will provide you with robust tools to examine issues and make change in the workplace. This in turn will provide a platform to develop workable solutions, creating a better work environment. Use your critical thinking to combat workplace issues head-on.
Topic: People & Leadership
Proficiency Level: Foundation, Intermediate
CPD: Upto 7 hours