Building and Managing High Performance Teams
This three part webinar series explores the activities required to develop a high-performance work team, the common stages of team development and the impact of your management style on the team. It also explores the causes of team dysfunction and how to deal with conflict within your team.
Organisations which have put the concept of ‘high performing teams’ into practice succeed through creating dynamic, autonomous and highly focused teams which pass the test of time. High performing teams do not happen by chance but are the result of good management, planned development and open communication. To manage and maximise the talent within a team requires more than technical expertise. To achieve your business goals as a manager you must be able to inspire and lead your team by driving performance, engagement and flexibility. Building and maintaining a high-performance team is not an event it is an ongoing business process.
In this series Sean McLoughney will:
- explain what team dynamics is and how it impacts the performance of the team
- outline the five activities to consider when building and maintaining a winning team
- review Tuckman stages of team development and how to move your team through each stage
- discuss what causes problems within a team and how to overcome them.
Upon satisfactory completion of this webinar series you will be able to:
- Explain team dynamics and how it impacts the performance of your team.
- Write a vision for your team that inspires a great team performance.
- Interpret the five activities (commitment, behaviours, responsibility, value and coaching) to consider when building and maintaining a winning team.
- Differentiate the impact that different management styles have on your team.
- Explain Tuckman stages of team development and use this framework to move your team through to the performing stage.
- Analyse the strengths and weaknesses of your team as part of your succession plan.
- Describe the mains causes of conflict in a team and outline actions to overcome them.
- Interpret the five step approach to address underperformance within the team.
- Employ the top seven tips for maintaining a high performing culture within your team.
Part 1 – developing a high performing team:
Part 2 – leading a high performing team:
Part 3 – dealing with conflict within your team:
As the job market hots up and lots of movement takes place, more and more people must deal with changes in personnel which bring new personalities and different working styles to the team. This series will help you as a manager to transform a group of individuals into a cohesive unit who are fully committed to the team’s success and vision. Underpinning the series is the need for managers to take ownership for building and maintaining a high-performance culture based on shared guiding principles.
Sean McLoughney, founder of LearningCurve, is a sought after learning and development specialist, author and speaker. Since 2001 has helped over 14,000 professionals at every level improve their performance. As a successful author Sean has been published internationally. He has written three books and numerous articles. Sean also delivers a range of engaging webinars. He has delivered numerous webinars for CPA Ireland, Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand, IPENZ, UHY International and Chartered Accountants Ireland.
Topic: People & Leadership
Sub-Topic: Leadership, Talent Management
Format: Recorded Webinar
Proficiency Level: Foundation, Intermediate
CPD: 3 hours