Building Effective Teams - Workshop
In this activity you will broaden your knowledge and core leadership skills, learning to lead in a humanistic and holistic manner in order to increase cohesion in your team.
Click register now and use discount code CAANZ2020 at NZIML checkout, to secure your member discount.
Great teams do not happen by accident. This course provides team leaders with an opportunity to reflect on their work and identify new skills and knowledge, based on evidence of best practice. Team leaders are encouraged to challenge themselves to try new actions to enhance their work teams.
In this activity you will establish your own personal style as a leader and increase your responsiveness towards others.
You will learn how to observe group behaviours, gain tools and techniques to leverage your communication skills when dealing with conflict, providing effective feedback and supporting the management of different people.
Upon satisfactory completion of this activity you will be able to:
- Understand the differences between effective groups and teams.
- Identify key features in the development of a cohesive work team.
- Identify best practices for the role of the team leader to ensure a well-functioning team.
- Employ quality communication skills for employee engagement.
- Create alignment between team goals and work goals.
- Adapt your leadership behaviours to respond to and lead teams effectively.
Using the skills from this activity you will be able to empower others, develop cohesive and constructive work teams and enable productive work environments.
Topic: People & Leadership
Proficiency Level: Foundation
CPD: Upto 14 hours