Audit & Accounting Conference 2021
Offered together for the first time, the consolidated content can help you explore more topics, tailor your learning experience, save time and boost your CPD hours.
Thursday 11 November 2021
The sessions will be presented by subject matter experts (including members), industry practitioners and business leaders, with content curated for accounting professionals working in public practice, commerce, government, education and not-for-profit sectors.
The Audit and Accounting Conference 2021 can help you stay ahead in an era of rapid change.
Simply follow the sessions most relevant to you and at the close of the conference you have the option to view a recording of any you may have missed.
The targeted topics can help you:
Audit and Assurance stream
- Understand the key IAASB focus areas, including Less Complex Entities
- Discover the major findings from recent FMA audit inspections
- Keep up with new technology and data analytics
- Learn to implement new quality management standards
- Examine the key considerations while using automated tools and performing virtual audits
- See the latest trends in assurance over Extended External Reporting (EER)
- Learn ways to attract and retain the new generation of auditors
- Explore the current economic and business climate
- Learn about the future of reporting, IFRS focus areas and FMA updates
- Learn about complexities in business combinations, the impact on fair value and impairment
- Identify the trends in sustainability and climate risk in the New Zealand landscape
- Discover social entrepreneurship, innovation, and crisis management
- Discover five critical skills for virtual finance to set you apart in 2022
- Learn about assessing your organisation’s Ethical Climate
- Look into the future of supply chains in a COVID-19 impacted world
Gain up-to-the minute information and solutions directly applicable to specific business challenges and objectives.
Earn up to 21 CPD hours.
Significant savings on standard conference costs - plus an early-bird discount.
8.30am – 5.00pm (NZST)
The Audit and Accounting Conference 2021 opens with an introductory session for all participants. The content is then split into four streams (two for audit + two for accounting) and live streamed throughout the day.
Switch between sessions whenever you choose and complement your learning by viewing a recording of all the sessions.
Audit and assurance topics
- The new audit quality management standards
- Data analytics for auditors
- Behavioural audit
- Audit of Less Complex Entities and other IAASB projects update
- FMA update
- Audit documentation when using automated tools
- The next generation of auditors and talent management
- Business writing for accountants
- Internal controls testing
- Assurance over Extended External Reporting
- IFRS roundup, sustainability reporting and climate risk
- Future of financial and non-financial reporting
- Economic update
- Sustainable finance and banking
- Business combinations, the impact on fair value and impairment
- Social entrepreneurship, innovation and crisis management
- Five critical skills for accountants in 2022
- Future of business in a COVID-19 impacted world
- Ethical climate assessment
View full program details
A recording of all sessions will be made available to view after the event.
Secure your early-bird discount - register now.
Early bird member: $399*
Early bird non-member: $ 459*
Standard member: $459
Standard non-member: $551
Group (3-5): $399
Groups 5+ please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Early bird pricing ends 14 October 2021
Topic: Audit & Assurance, Business Mindset, Future Focused, Reporting
Sub-Topic: Business Reporting, Financial Modelling, Financial Reporting, Financial Statement Audit, Future of Business, Other Assurance Engagements, Solve Problems, Sustainability
Proficiency Level: Intermediate, All
CPD: Upto 21 hours