Auckland Trust SIG 2021
Available to attend in person and online.
A connected network of accounting and legal professionals providing technical and topical perspectives on trusts.Annual Purchase
Casual Session Purchase
Half year Purchase (July - Dec)
Only available for purchase from July 2021
Tuesday, 23 February - Mini Conference
Tuesday, 27 April
Tuesday, 25 May
Tuesday, 27 July
Tuesday, 28 September
Tuesday, 23 November
Mini Conference, February 2021:
- Current Issues concerning the insolvency of trustee companies - Presented by, Associate Judge Roger Bell.
- A trust or a bundle of rights? - Presented by, Isaac Hikaka
- Income Tax Rate and Other Amendments Act 2020 - Presented by, Keith Turner
- Brave New World:Trust Wind Ups post Trusts Act - Presented by Henry Stokes, General Counsel, Perpetual Guardian and Theresa Donnelly, Legal Services Manager Perpetual Guardian
Mini Conference, featuring;
- Honorable Sally Fitzgerald
- Bill Patterson, LLB, LLM (Hons), TEP - Managing Partner, Patterson Hopkins
- Rebecca Rose, Practicing Barrister, Bankside Chamber
What does it mean to be a Professional Trustee Presented by, Russell Stewart and Michael Robertson
What is the issue for CAANZ members?
The law of trusts in New Zealand is undergoing significant change.
What does it mean for CAANZ members?
CAANZ members who are trustees of or advisors to trusts need to ensure they are aware of these changes.
What can CAANZ members take away?
The law has evolved positively, and the new legislation largely reflects existing trust law principles, but all New Zealand trusts should be reviewed to ensure they are compliant with the new law with governance and administration arrangements optimised
Presented by, Henry Brandts-Giesen, Partner, Dentons Kensington Swan (Auckland) and David Ireland, Partner, Dentons Kensington Swan (Wellington)
Current Tax Issues for Trusts Presented by, Ivy Chen and Lisa Murphy, RSM NZ
Acquisitions to and from Trusts and Estates Navigating Overseas Investment Act Presented by, Annelies McClure
Being Current with the Trusts Act 2019 Presented by, Bill Patterson, LLB, LLM (Hons), TEP - Managing Partner, Patterson Hopkins and Greg Kelly
Topics from 2019
Duties of trustees Presented by, Andrew Butler, Thorndon Chambers
Disclosure of trust information and through discovery Presented by, Vanessa Bruton
Beneficiaries rights at present and how that will change under the new legislation Presented by, Juliet Moses, TGT Legal
Tax updates for trust and trustees Presented by, Terry Baucher - Baucher Consulting Ltd
Trustee records Presented by, Greg Eden, Eden Perich Prewett Ltd
Fidicuary Investment Essentials Presented by, Ross Fowler and Aaron Drew, Fi360 Pacific and MyFiduciary
Ground Floor, Carlaw Park
12-16 Nicholls Lane
Via live webcast
Topic: Member Regional Events
Sub-Topic: Special Interest Group
CPD: Upto 12 hours